Impact Campaign Training - alcohol and fitness (Derry/Londonderry) 6th September 2013
July 29, 2013
The Community Support Services for drugs and alcohol in partnership with the Drink Think Project are hosting an Impact Campaign Training workshop, with guest presenter Dr Lynette Hughes (BSC. MA. Ph.D)
- Could Alcohol keeping your clients back, affecting their fitness or weight loss goals?
- Then why not attend the Impact Campaign Training workshop which will allow you to run the Impact Campaign with your clients/members.
- Did you know? “Alcohol reduces cardio-vascular fitness meaning the heart and lungs work less efficiently”
- Did you know? “A small glass of wine (125ml) has the equivalent calories of a small bag of crisps”
This training will therefore help:
- To explore attitudes towards alcohol and drinking.
- To identify ways Gyms/Fitness Classes/ Community groups can increase member’s awareness on the negative aspects of alcohol whilst promoting the positives of physical exercise and the use of a drinks diary.
- To increase knowledge of support/ referral agencies.
- To ensure that all facilitators are imparted with the knowledge and confidence to lead an IMPACT campaign.
This event will take place on Friday 6th September 2013, the large Group Room, Woodlea House, Gransha Park, Derry – 10am to 1pm.This workshop will be limited to 25 people and will be allocated on a first come-first served basis. The IMPACT Campaign Training workshop will provide participants with the knowledge and confidence to then offer their club/group members the IMPACT Campaign which is run over an 8 week period. Any of your club/group members who complete the IMPACT campaign with you will receive an IMPACT T-Shirt, High Visibility Vest, Water Bottle and Gym Bag. (Available while stocks last).